Friday, July 11, 2008

¡Uno más!

Home at last! After another day of begin rerouted by American Airlines (I would like to say that they did a good job making sure I got where I need to go ;) I am home, safe and sound! Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and encouraging words! It means so much to me that so many of you were part of this experience. I wanted to post one more blog entry to sum up and give some stats about my trip! I can't wait to share more experiences and photos with you all! I hope you enjoy!

*Trip length: 30 days (10 de junio a 10 de julio)
*Number of flights: 6
*Number of flights flown as originally purchased: 0
*Number of sandwiches de jamón y queso (ham and cheese sandwiches) eaten: 18 (I think)
*Number of times saying "espera afuera" (wait outside) to kids in Cercadillo: 1,345 (just a guess :)
*Number of publico/taxi rides: 12 (each leg of the trip counts separately because each leg was very unique)
*Number of days I said "Tengo machete" (the Dominican way to say "I smell"): at least 20
*Number of times I said "sientate" (sit down) or "venga aquí" (come here): 34, 568
*Cost of a gallon of diesel: 194 pesos o $5.94
*Number of mangos given as gifts from Cercadillans: it felt like 314 when I was peeling them
*Cost of a 5-gallon bottle of drinking water: 25 pesos
*Cost of a bag of ice at the colmado (corner store): 45 pesos
*Number of feet of lamination used: 210
*Number of times "utilizing the facilities" in the great outdoors: 9
*Cost of filling the cistern under Ina's house: 600 pesos
*Number of bug bites officially on record: 74
*Number of kids taught in Cercadillo (they didn't all come every day): 70 más o menos
*Number of smiles and Hola's from the people of Cercadillo: Countless!

1 comment:

Kasi said...

I love your statistics! they are wonderful. i'm glad to hear you made it home safe and sound and you didn't get kidnapped on the way back to the states. haha we miss you so much! just today we were talking about making name tags for sunday and i was like "well, our laminating gorou isn't here anymore so we prolly aren't going to laminate them..." lol i hope your summer school goes well! and i'll hopefully talk to you soon! <3 always